U.S.A Track & Field
U.S. Track & Field and Cross County Coaches Association
International Association of Athletics Federations
Elite Track Sport Training & Conditioning
Track & Field Results Reporting System
- American Sport Education Program. (2008). Coaching the Sprints, Hurdles, and Relays. In A. S. Program, Coaching Youth Track & Field (pp. 67-99). Champaign : Human Kinetics.
- Baughman, Mark, Takaha, Mike, & Tellez, Tom (1984). Sprint Training. National Strength and Conditioning Journal, 34-36.
- Behm, David G., & Chaouachi, Anis (2011). A review of the acute effects of static and dynamic stretching on performance. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 2633-2651.
- Bosch, Frans, & Klomp, Ronald (2005). Training and Adaptation. In F. Bosch, & R. Klomp, Running: Biomechanics and Exercise Physiology Applied in Practice (pp. 189-236). Edinburgh: Elsevier Churchill Livingstone.
- Dare, Bernie, & Kearney, Beverly (1988). Speed Training. Track Technique, 3289-3295.
- Gambetta, Vern (2007). Athletic Development: The Art and Science of Functional Sports Conditioning. Human Kinetics.
- Gastin, Paul B. (2001). Energy System Interaction and Relative Contribution During Maximal Exercise. Sports Medicine, 725-741.
- Hansen, D. M. (2015, May 1). Electrical Muscle Stimulation: Five Reasons Why You Need to Adopt this Technology for Your Athletes Now. Retrieved from FreelapUSA: https://www.freelapusa.com/electrical-muscle-stimulation-five-reasons-why-you-need-to-adopt-this-technology-for-your-athletes-now/
- House, S., & Johnston, S. (2014, April 23). Steve House Climbing Training: The Training Effect. Retrieved from Rock and Ice: http://www.rockandice.com/lates-news/the-training-effect-words-from-steve-house
- Holloway, M. (2015). Coaching the 4x100 Relay. United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association Coaching Convention (pp. 1-32). San Antonio: United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association .
- Hunter, Joseph P., Marshall, Robert N., & Mcnair, Peter J. (2001). Interaction of Step Length and Step Rate during Sprint Running. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 261-271.
- Hinrichs, R. N. (1987). Upper Extremity Function in Running II: Angular Momentum Considerations. International Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 242-263.
- Joch, Dr. Winfried (2008, April 27). Dimensions of Motor Speed. Retrieved from The Canadian Athletics Coaching Centre: http://www.athleticscoaching.ca/member.aspx?p=mediaviewone&id=391
- Kirksey, Brett, & Stone, Michael H. (1998). Periodizing a College Sprint Program: Theory and Practice. Strength and Conditioning Jounral, 42-48.
- Krzysztof, Mackala, & Mero, Antti (2013). A Kinematic Analysis of Three Best 100 M Performances Ever. Journal of Human Kinetics, 149-160.
- Lee, J. (2010, November 28). Exploiting your 4×100 meter Relay Personnel. Retrieved from Speed Endurance: http://speedendurance.com/2010/11/28/exploiting-your-4x100-meter-relay-personnel/
- Mackenzie, B. (2016, March 31). Sprint Relay. Retrieved from Brianmac: http://www.brianmac.co.uk/sprints/relay.ht
- Mirkin, D. G. (2015, November 3). Why Ice Delays Recovery. Retrieved from Dr. Gabe Mirkin on Fitness, Health, and Nutrition: http://www.drmirkin.com/fitness/why-ice-delays-recovery.html
- Mirkin, MD, Gabe (2014, March 16). Why Ice Delays Recovery. Retrieved from Dr. Mirkin: http://drmirkin.com/fitness/why-ice-delays-recovery.html
- Nainby, Simon (2013, March 21). Notes from Frans Bosch – Transfer of Strength Training: Implications from the CNS. Retrieved from Underground Athletics: http://undergroundathletics.co.uk/notes-from-frans-bosch-transfer-of-strength-training-implications-from-the-cns/
- Neumann, D. A. (2010). Kinesiology of the Hip: A Focus on Muscular Actions. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy, 82-94.
- Pyke, Frank S., & Rushall, Brent S. (1990). The Principle of Individuality. In F. S. Pyke, & B. S. Rushall, Training for Sports and Fitness (pp. 84-95). Melbourne: Macmillan .
- Reinl, Gary (2013). Freeze Frame: Are Inflammation and Swelling Friends or Foes? In G. Reinl, ICED! The Illusionary Treatment Option: Learn the Fascinating Story, Scientific Breakdown, Alternative, & How To Lead Others Out Of The Ice Age (pp. 62-77). Gary Reinl.
- Reinl, Gary (2013). Iceless Revovery: Actual Loading Protocols that Worked! In G. Reinl, ICED! The Illusionary Treatment Option: Learn the Fascinating Story, Scientific Breakdown, Alternative, & How To Lead Others Out Of The Ice Age (pp. 112-142). Gary Reinl.
- Schexnayder, B. (2015, December). Foundations of Training Design. Strength and Conditioning Certification. San Antonio: USTFCCCA.
- Schexnayder, Irving (2013, April 10). A Guide to Handling Hamstring Injuries for the Coach. Retrieved from Schexnayder Athletic Consulting: http://www.sacspeed.com/pdf/Hamstrings.pdf
- Segal, Neil A., Harvey, William, Felson, David T., Yang, Mei, Torner, James C., Curtis, James R., & Nevitt, Michael C. (2008). Leg-length inequality is not associated with greater trochanteric pain syndrome. Arthritis Research and Therapy, 1-5.
- Shepherd, J. (2014, October 24). Leg Stiffness and Sprinting. Retrieved from Athletics Weekly: http://www.athleticsweekly.com/featured/leg-stiffness-sprinting-13173/
- Stone, Josh (2013, July 16). Shin Splints 101. Retrieved from Stone Athletic Medicine: http://stoneathleticmedicine.com/2013/07/shin-splints-101/
- Stone, Josh (2014, April 4). RICE: The End of an Ice Age. Retrieved from Stone Athletic Medicine: http://stoneathleticmedicine.com/2014/04/rice-the-end-of-an-ice-age/
- Tellez, Tom, & Harewood, Dave (2014). The Start and Championship Sprinting. West Coast SuperClinic (pp. 1-52). Sacramento: West Coast SuperClinic.
- Timmermans, D. M. (2014, April 28). Caution: Icing Interferes with the Healing Process. Retrieved from Regenerative Performance: http://regenerativeperformance.com/caution-icing-interferes-with-the-healing-process/
- The Canadian Athletics Coaching Centre. (2010, January 26). Static Stretching. Retrieved from The Canadian Athletics Coaching Centre: http://www.athleticscoaching.ca/member.aspx?p=mediaviewone&id=835
- The National Federation of State High School Assoiciations. (2015). High School Athletics Participation Survey. The National Federation of State High School Assoiciations.
- Wells , Tony, Smith, Carol, & Taylor, Curtis (2001). USATF Development Project 3. USATF Development Project. Colorado Springs: USATF Development Project.
- Wells, Tony, Smith, Carol, & Taylor, Curtis (2001). 100 Meter Race Model. USATF Development Project (pp. 7-9). Colorado Springs: USATF Development Project.
- Wells, Tony, Smith, Carol, & Taylor, Curtis (2001). Training Energy Systems. USATF Development Project (pp. 2-3). Colorado Springs: USATF Development Project.
- Wells, Tony, Smith, Carol, & Taylor, Curtis (2001). USATF Development Project 1. USATF Development Project. Colorado Springs: USATF Development Project.
- Wells, Tony, Smith, Carol, & Taylor, Curtis (2001). Warm Up Procedure. USATF Development Project (p. 3). Colorado Springs: USATF Development Project.
- Winchester, Jason B., Nelson, Arnold G., Landin, Dennis, Young, Michael A., & Schexnayder, Irving C. (2008). Static Stretching Impairs Sprint Performance in Collegiate Track and Field Athletes. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 13-18.
- Young, Michael, & Schexnayder, Irving (n.d.). Biomechanics of Athletics. USATF Coaches Education (pp. 5-9). USA Track and Field.
*Unless otherwise noted, all photographs were taken by Sean Bernstein. All athlete identities have been kept anonymous per NCAA rules and restrictions—Cite 12.5.1 of NCAA Operating Manual.